新疆35选7:Conte out as manager after Chelsea wield ax

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail SHINE, July 13, 2018
Adjust font size:
Antonio Conte. [file photo]

Chelsea has sacked Italian Antonio Conte as manager, media in Britain and Italy reported yesterday.


Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis had said on Wednesday that the English Premier League side was close to securing a deal for former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri to replace Conte.


There was no immediate confirmation from Chelsea, which won the EPL title with Conte in his first season after joining in 2016 and also the FA Cup in his latest campaign.


The former Italy manager had a year remaining on his current contract and had already taken charge of preseason preparations at the club's Cobham training ground in London.


Conte's future with the Roman Abramovich-owned club has looked uncertain for months, however, with the West Londoners failing to qualify for the coming season's UEFA Champions League after finishing fifth in 2017-18.


Sarri was replaced by former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti in May with the Naples club seeking to end Juventus' dominance in the league.


The 59-year-old led Napoli to two second-place and one third-place finish in three seasons in charge.


Meanwhile, former Polish international Jerzy Brzeczek was appointed head coach of the national team, the country's football association announced yesterday.


The 47-year-old replaces Adam Nawalka, whose highly-fancied national squad was eliminated in the group stage of the World Cup in Russia.


Brzeczek was a midfielder who captained Poland, won 42 caps, scored four goals and was part of the team that was runner-up at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona.


He played for a string of Polish and Austrian clubs and had a stint with Israel's Maccabi Haifa in a 20-year career.


After retiring he became a coach and led Wisla Plock to a fifth-placed finish in the Polish league last season.


His first match will be away to Italy on September 7 in the new UEFA Nations League.


Nawalka has said he feels responsible for the World Cup disappointment and will stand down as Poland manager on July 30.


Follow www.z1ezw.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
  • 2013博鳌亚洲论坛嘉宾精彩演讲 2019-02-15
  • 保时捷首款纯电动车定名Taycan 明年下半年引入 2019-02-15
  • 单凭祝福的话和许愿的心不能够实现任何事情。 2019-02-14
  • 四部委:防控高铁新城单纯房地产化倾向 2019-02-14
  • 清热-热门标签-华商生活 2019-02-13
  • 奇秀直播2017年度盛典炫目开启 李现、小鬼邀你加入打call团 直播 奇秀 2019-02-12
  • 国际责任不是“负担” 一些西方国家为何理解不了? 2019-02-12
  • 科技赋能助力医保革新,平安开启商保服务新模式 2019-02-11
  • 中国足球,就是笑博士的“责权利平滑对接”改革的必然结果! 2019-02-10
  • 【理上网来·辉煌十九大】意大利各界关注十九大:中国共产党将把"保障人民幸福"作为其重要使命 2019-02-10
  • 动物园里迎端午 大熊猫爬上爬下吃“粽子” 2019-02-09
  • 王勇:提升全民安全素质 夯实安全发展基础 2019-02-09
  • 摇碎一湖金:迷失相机里 如何读懂西湖之美? 2019-02-08
  • 力度空前!个税起征点提高至每月5000元!还有这些消息与你的钱包有关 2019-02-08
  • 泸州老窖股份有限公司获第十二届人民企业社会责任奖年度扶贫奖 2019-02-07
  • 31| 102| 806| 396| 345| 461| 15| 190| 832| 677|